Cross Country is the first event of the 2020 London Youth Games calendar and will take place on Saturday 16 November 2019 at Parliament Hill, Hampstead Heath.
To be eligible to compete for Team Richmond, competitors must live or go to school in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and be born between 01/09/02 and 31/08/09.
To trial, athletes must complete a parkrun. There are four runs within the borough, Bushy Park, Crane Park, Old Deer Park and Richmond Park, but you can take part in any 5km parkrun. You can also take part in the 2km junior parkrun at Bushy Park on Sunday 6 October, if you are aged 14 or below. Unfortunately Moormead Junior parkrun did not grant us permission for trials to be held there.
• Register to complete a parkrun at http://www.parkrun.org.uk no later than 6:00pm on the Friday before you wish to run;
• Complete a 5km parkrun* or 2km junior parkrun between the dates outlined below (we advise parents/carers to remain onsite during the race and please remember to take your barcode with you);
• Complete the Team Richmond online application form at http://www.richmond.gov.uk/london_youth_games by Sunday 20 October 2019, late entries will not be accepted.
If you wish to be considered for Team Richmond you must complete a parkrun between and including Saturday 14 September and Saturday 19 October 2019.
Age categories are as follows:
• U11 boy/girl (born between 01/09/2008 and 31/08/2009) (parkrun advise u11’s are accompanied by an adult on the course)
• U13 boy/girl (born between 01/09/2006 and 16/11/2008)
• U15 boy/girl (born between 01/09/2004 and 31/08/2006)
• U17 boy/girl (born between 01/09/2002 and 31/08/2004)
5km parkrun* takes place every Saturday at 9:00am, the Bushy Junior parkrun will take place on Sunday 6 October at 9am. You can take part in more than one run and we will take your fastest time between the allocated dates. For more information on the routes please visit http://www.parkrun.org.uk
The Sports Development Team will contact all applicants by e-mail during the week of 21 October 2019 to let you know if you were selected or not. Please note that we get a lot of applications and do not look through qualifying times until after the deadline.
If you are selected, further info for the day and travel arrangements will be forwarded to you.
If you have any queries regarding the Cross Country trials, or if you require more information on the London Youth Games events please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02088316133.